Thursday, October 11, 2007

Halloween

I did some fall decorating the other day. What do you think? Too macabre? I promise I'll remove the skull and tombstone right after Halloween, but for now I think it's just perfect! I've always loved Halloween. I remember my Mom making popcorn balls for the Trick-or-Treaters. Of course that was back in the day when folks trusted their neighbors and the kids could actually eat them. Nowadays anything that isn't factory sealed is suspect. Sigh. I remember hilarious Halloween parties back in the 70s. Great costumes, great decorations, too much beer. I remember making little lion costumes, clown costumes, witch costumes and butterfly costumes for my kids. Now they make their own costumes of characters I don't even understand. Or they don't dress up at all. I miss the dressing up and the feeling of magic it created. I also miss the Trick-or-Treaters. Even though we decorate our house and yard and buy plenty of candy, we only get about 15 kids. Why don't you make a costume and come Trick-or-Treating at my house? You'll recognize me by my shoes. That reminds me, I'd better run get some chocolate!

1 comment:

Alex Johnson said...

Thanks for dropping past Shedworking. I'd love to see a pic of your studio. Do send one along