Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Traveler Magazine



I get this magazine National Geographic Traveler. It's full of great articles on the classic destinations; where to stay, what to do, best deals, etc. But it also has off-the-beaten-path destinations too.


Like this article about fly-fishing at Haddon Hall on the River Wye. Wouldn't it be fabulous to do that? I don't know the first thing about fly-fishing, but the whole experience of staying at Haddon Hall, taking the "history-soaked" tour, and maybe meeting Lord Edward Manners himself, well, that would be worth mucking about in cold water for hours! Sign me up!

And look at this dreamy photo of the gear room. Fishing rods, thermoses full of tea, wool caps, wellies, oriental rugs. Who cares if you even catch a fish as long as you're surrounded by this. And even if Lord Edward fails to show, I'd still be in heaven with this room and my Lord of the Manor.


1 comment:

Mary said...

Oooh, I'd love to go! I understand they have a very beautiful garden, too. :)
xoxo,
Mary