Sunday, March 30, 2008

First Rose


My first rose of the season opened today. It is the climbing rose on the south wall of the kitchen. It's name is Joseph's coat and it does indeed have many colors. It first opens like this, kind of orangey/pink. Then each blossom fades to yellow slightly tinged with pink.
Not long ago I was puttering in my front garden and a neighbor walked by. Even though they hadn't bloomed yet, he stopped to comment on these roses and I gave him a cutting. I hope it flourishes in his garden and gives him as much enjoyment as it gives me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bloom. I am always excited for our first bloom of the year. We're not there yet, we only have shoots on our rose bushes.

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is a beauty: we have one very similar called the Peace rose.

Tara said...

Laura

Just gorgeous! No roses or anything like it here in NY!

Thanks for inviting me to do 7 Random things...I finally did it and posted today (work has been crazy!)

Hope you can hop over to see!

:0)
Tara

Tracy said...

Gorgeous rose! Roses already...I can't wait for roses. As I live in Norway, I have a while to wait yet for those--LOL! Happy Days! :o)

Louise said...

I love these colour combinations together. x

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Jealousy abounds here at Knitty, Vintage and Rosy.

Have I mentioned we've been waiting still for snow to melt? We had almost 200cm (80-90 inches) this winter.

And your lilacs and vase are divine.

PS Do you say li-locks or li-lacks there? Here we seem to say both.

Lisa xo
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy