Tuesday, June 3, 2008

White Flower Challenge - Day 3

Spathiphyllum




Also called Peace Lily, this easy to grow houseplant lives in my office at work. It sits right next to a window that receives filtered western light. When I started my white flower challenge, I didn't even think about this plant, but when I arrived Monday morning, there it was blooming away, enticing me to take its portrait.




I thought the back lighting on the flowers was especially striking.



The white part is called the spathe. The beige part is called the spadix and is made up of the actual flowers. Isn't nature amazing in its diversity?





ps: Blogger isn't sending me my comments via email, so if you comment on an old post I'll never know. Please make comments (even regarding old posts) on the most recent post until I get this sorted out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two of these plants in my office, and I so enjoy when they are blooming.

They sure let you know when they need a drink, don't they?

Great interpretation of these lovely white blooms.

Tara said...

I have the second flower--love it because you really can't kill it!