Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Cards

I wrote 15 Christmas cards last night with little notes inside. I enjoy catching up with far-away friends and family at this time of year. I'll be sending cards to the UK, Australia, Germany, France, and Guam this year. I thought I should get the over-seas ones mailed right away, only problem is the postage is 94 cents and the stamps are 42 cents, so now I have to go to the post office (ugh) to get 10 cent stamps.

I can't show this year's card until I send the ones to my family. I want them to see the real thing before they see it here. Since the kids came along we've sent photos of them in the cards. Iused to dress them up in matching dresses, put something festive in the background and snap away. Some years were pretty odd; Teen1 with a candy cane striped cast on her arm one year. Lately, they don't want to dress up and it's been more difficult to get a good photo. Here is last years.

And inside was this photo. We laughed and laughed trying to get that one. It seems the Lord of the Manor felt like goofing off and we accidently took a little video of him making funny faces. We still crack up when we talk about that! But the finished photo came out nice.

So you'll just have to wait a week or so for this year's card, but I promise you'll have a chuckle for the nuts from Amongst The Oaks.
ps: Thanks to all of you who suggested hors d'oeuvres for the party. Spot, your vol au vents sound delicious. I'm seriously considering those. Who knew such a sophisticated palate existed in the canine world?

4 comments:

tam said...

How fun! Really great idea! I always want to do something like that but never could get the family together on it.
Looking forward to seeing this years!
Have a nice weekend!
~Tam :D

Kat said...

I love last years Christmas Card.
You have a beautiful family. Ive never tried getting a picture....I can just imagine the circus that would be. lol!

Tara said...

You all look super! Great card!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

What lovely cards! Because of the high cost of cards and postage, I've made newsletters with family photos from the past year and have it printed at Overnight Prints.
I save ALL photos that people send me over the years and put them in a scrapbook.