Friday, January 23, 2009

Painting

Teen2's room is almost all painted and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy painting. Used to be I rarely went a day without a paint brush in my hand. But that was waaaay back when we painted signs and I worked in production. Now they are all vinyl and I work in the office anyway, so no chance of touching a brush. And I miss it. I miss the soothing repetition of stroking paint on, the wandering thoughts that purely physical work induces, and the satisfaction of seeing the finished project at the end of the day. *sigh* If I had two weeks at home alone I think I could get the whole cottage painted, but darn it, I have to go to work every day!



Two walls are all double coated and I think I can finish up tomorrow. But we couldn't wait; we had to put the new bedding on the finished side. And it looks striking, doesn't it? Teen2 loves it so that's good. The blinds should arrive in about a week, try to imagine silver blinds on the windows instead of the chintz curtains. We are still looking for a desk and a chair. And the flooring issue requires more research, but basically I'm pleased with our progress. I'll keep you posted and thanks for all the input.

5 comments:

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Oh it looks GREAT!!! What a wonderful change. I have a small painting project in our Basement staircase this weekend. I also enjoy painting and can't wait until I'm done so I can hang all the black and white photographs I have been saving for that wall.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Tam

Tolentreasures said...

It looks great! Did you ever think of just a couple of really bright green and black throw rugs for the floor. Since they are complementary colors, the bright green should "gray" down the pink(red) even more. Just a thought.

Neabear said...

I think that looks wonderful. My daughter probably would have chosen that color since it is her favorite color.

tam said...

Looks terrific! Looking forward to seeing more!~Smiles~Tam!

Patricia said...

It does look beautiful, but, oh my, I would miss those beautiful curtains...