Sunday, April 12, 2009

Claude Monet & Goat Cheese Salad

Welcome to day twelve of my rose challenge. It's getting to be a habit now and I take my camera everywhere I go. I found this one on my morning walk yesterday. It took me a while to figure out what it was, but I think I'm right in saying it's Claude Monet. I like Claude, both the rose and the man. I've always admired his art and I was very impressed with his home and garden at Giverny. When we visited there exactly eight years ago, I had the BEST goat cheese salad at the Museum of American Art just down the street. It had rounds of broiled goat cheese on slices of baguette, arranged around a salad of baby greens with tomatoes, apples, and walnuts. Here's a photo of it:

What great memories I have of France, Giverny, and Monet. I really think I need one of these roses.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Simply lovely - each rose is prettier than the last. I can almost smell them on our cold, rainy day.

Gillian said...

At last I have a name for it. This is indeed my favourite. I have always found the changing colours as the flower matures, to be so splendid. The perfume is also, very heady.
Great stuff. I hope to move to a new place again soon and this time I'll have my own garden for ever.
Cheers Gillian