Monday, April 6, 2009

Rose Challenge - Mandarin Sunblaze Mini & a Bouquet

I pinched borrowed found these lovely flowers growing in an abandoned garden. Doesn't this bouquet just shout Summertime? The purple is lilac and the white is snowball viburnum. My granny had a snowball plant in her garden and I thought it was the neatest thing. So last year I bought one, but it's not blooming yet. These came from a large old shrub, so maybe that's why they bloomed so much sooner than mine.
And here is today's rose: Mandarin Sunblaze. It's a miniature rose that I found at the park. The plants are only 10" tall, and the blossoms are small, but they are beautiful.

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Just beautiful Laura!

xoxo
Jane

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I just love that snowball plant, and the blue iron furniture! It is blue, isn't it?