Sunday, May 24, 2009

Monday Mosaic - Garden Ornaments

Mary at the Little Red House is such an inspiration to me. Her blog is always a nice place to visit because she takes such beautiful photos and shares her travels to gardens, parks, and thrift shops. Lately she has been hosting Mosaic Monday in which I've been participating. I'm secretly hoping some of her talent will rub off on me so my mosaics will improve.
On Friday she asked about favorite garden ornaments so it just seemed natural to incorporate them into my Monday Mosaic. I have lots of garden ornaments in my yard: three bird baths, two lichen encrusted benches, a "Stockton" brick, a gargoyle, an old watering can, two urns by the front door, a sundial, a gnome, and an old man taking a nap. I'd have to say the old man taking a nap is my favorite garden ornament. But the gnome is pretty cute too.

16 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love your photo of the sundial. As a matter of fact, your mosaic looks professional to me.

pam said...

I loved your compilation...wonderfully earthy looking.

Country Girl said...

Garden ornaments! How clever! And I laughed out loud at the one in the lower left corner. Your garden ornament is asleep on the lounge chair!
Happy holiday to you. Like your sense of humor.

Unknown said...

I love your mosaic, and your garden ornaments are beautiful. You created a wonderful combination of such interesting photographs.
karen

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Beautiful pics! And the napping garden ornament gave me a chuckle.:)

Neabear said...

I love it! You did a great job! Your garden is a wonderful place to be.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

This is wonderful!!! I love the subject you chose!!! The garden ornaments are beautiful...what a clever idea!!!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

...ooohhhh, do ya think we'll a get a bit of Mary's talent by linking with Mosaic Monday...looks like you already have a big bucket of that talent...
This mosaic is wonderful...enjoying every shot...
Thanks
Becky

Abby Lanes said...

I'm with you. The napping ornament is the most original. :-) What a fabulous blog entry, I love coming here.

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi there!

Your mosaic is really GREAT! Great photography, and great sense of humor too!!

Hope you're having a relaxing Memorial Day, (I know sombody is!)

Sherri:)

Mary said...

Well, I'd say that garden ornament in the lower left corner is just priceless! lol Love your mosaic -- you did terrific job. :) Thanks for joining the fun, Laura!

Carolyn said...

I love your mosiac=beautiful photos.
Carolyn

Beverly said...

Just perfect, Laura. I love a garden filled with surprises.

Kathy said...

Beautiful mosaic Laura, each and every garden ornament is beautiful and the one in the lower left corner is precious, happy Monday, Kathy.

NatureStop said...

Loved your idea of the garden ornaments...specially the napping one:)Beautiful mosaic!!

Anonymous said...

i realized i am still recovering from the party i gave on wednesday when i couldn't find the gnome... duh!! i love your posts. then i realized why: i have many of the same things you do! we're garden cousins! jkj