Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Painting Too

Remember our cottage/studio/guest house? Well, that's what else we have been working on here Amongst The Oaks. The Lord of the Manor has been painting, painting, painting. And it is now all Cottagey White inside.


Here is the dining area with the old table and the new green chairs.



And here is the china cupboard painted green.



And here is the other side of the room with the second hand sofa covered with an old quilt. And now the fun can begin: decorating, fluffing, and finally crafting! I can hardly wait.

8 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

If I ever have an opportunity to visit your part of country, I know I would love to stay at this cottage. You and your husband decorated it so beautifully, and so cozy and inviting. I just sat here looking at these pictures. Do you have any of the bedrooms? I am so impressed with your color seclection and the overall decorating skills that you used. I always enjoy my visits to your lovely blog.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Beautiful! And inspiring me to get off my duff! Thanks. C

Amongst The Oaks said...

Judy,
The little cottage used to be a shed in the garden, but we remodeled it into a "guest house". It is very small and has no bedrooms. Just a living area, kitchenette, bathroom, and loft which could be used for sleeping or storage. I'll try to show more of everything as it progresses.
~Laura

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

What a lovely space! What kind of crafting do you plan to do there? Scrapbooking, sewing, etc.? V.

Neabear said...

The cottage is looking great! What a neat place for a visitor to stay! I would use it to get away from the busy life now and then too. Crafting in there? That sounds like a great idea!

Stacey said...

How pretty! I love the red table and chairs with the red door on the outside. The inside is so cottagey and fresh. It's adorable!

Dallasmom said...

Your cottage is beautiful! I'm not surprised, of course, because everything you do is so perfect. I love it!

Martha said...

AWESOME!!!!! I've been waiting for these photos!

So cute, Laura!