Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yum, Yum, Yuck!

We pretty much eat our way along our route when on vacation, and our trip to Oregon was no different. We started at the Olive Pit before we even got out of California. They had all these oils out for tasting and we liked Ascolano the best so we bought a bottle of it.

When we arrived at our friends' house in Medford, we were treated to farm fresh free range eggs. There really is a difference between these and store bought eggs. They were soooo yummy!

After one long day of driving the Lord of the Manor had an Irish Coffee at a cafe called the Crabby Cafe. I tasted the Irish Coffee and it was darn good. Yum.

Here is one of our roadside lunches. Dagwood sandwiches on the verge. Yummy.



And now here is the Yuck.

In Ashland there is a little plaza that's been there since 1927. Its claim to fame is the Lithia Water that flows 24/7 from these old porcelain fountains. Reputed to be good for what ails you, but stinky, and laced with minerals. Yuck! It reminded me of the water in Bath; far too mineraly for my taste. But I took a large swig of it just in case it really does have curative powers.

2 comments:

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Well a large swig from that = a very brave girl...C

Dawn said...

I just love your photography! The food and drink shots were wonderful. That must be the largest onion I've ever seen.I don't think I would have been brave enough to try that water.

I have to say the Beads in the Mist post has got to be my favorite in all blogland, ever! Absolutely incredible.

BTW, The Sept./Oct. issue of AAA's VIA magazine showcases lighthouses of the west. They show one called Heceta Head in Oregon that looks very similar to some of your photos but I don't think it's the same name. Anyway, I thought you might be interested.

Enjoy the rest of the summer,
Dawn