Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cottage Decorating

Little Acorn Cottage (my studio) is really coming along. It's all painted inside except for the bathroom so I'm moving stuff in and trying to organize it. I'm trying to decorate on the cheap, so estate sale and free furniture is imperative, and DIY projects abound.



I wanted a curtain to hide the refrigerator, so I went to my favorite decorating resource: Home Depot....

and bought this wonderful almost finished curtain....


which I'll be hanging on a black shower curtain rod....


and embellishing with some of this hand-me-down fringe from Travel Bug.


I've got other little projects planned for the cottage Amongst The Oaks, which I'll show you as I finish them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Mystery Photo from yesterday: Yes, PG, you are right! It's a velvety green seed pod from the wisteria plant. They are such a lovely shade of green, aren't they? And such random fuzz. Good guesses from all of you.


3 comments:

Neabear said...

I should have said that first. I thought about a wisteria pod, then I thought, nahhh. And decided it was fabric instead. Goes to show, the first thing that comes to mind can be the correct answer. Even on school tests that has happened to me.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the idea of "fabric" for your curtain!! Can't wait to see the finished project!!

Did I tell you I finally tied my wisteria to a well secured trellis attached to the porch?? If I had done this in the spring, the vines would be well on their way up to the balcony. But who cares, I am glad to have these vines and I am indebted to you for all of your help!!

Acorn Cottage...very cool name!!

xoxo
Janie

Dawn said...

That project sounds very interesting. Can't wait to see it done.

Love the play on names for your home and guest cottage. So cute!
Dawn