Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grandma's got a new toy...

and I'm jealous.
MIL and FIL came over last Sunday and had French Onion Soup for lunch with us. I was just starting to cook the onions when they called so we quick put two more bowls on the table and invited them. Anyway, she brought this new toy; a Hewlett Packard A646 photo printer.

So after she took a few photos of Teen1's new car she came back to the kitchen and showed us how it worked. And I was impressed. Very impressed. It has photo editing capabilities, prints beautiful glossy 4x6 or 5x7 photos, and can even print from mobile devices. Here are some of the photos she shared.


Since I've gone to a digital camera, I hardly ever make prints anymore because, truthfully, organizing my photos and going to the drugstore with a CD is such a pain. Is that the height of laziness or what? Consequently, my photo albums have come to a screeching halt. And I used to love scrap booking, too. So I'm thinking of getting a printer like this.

Does anyone out there have one? Do you like it and use it all the time? Any problems or issues? Thanks in advance for your help. I'm anxiously awaiting your comments here Amongst The Oaks.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

No, I don't have one... We just have so many boxes of stuff around here the idea of printing photos just curdles my blood! Good luck with that though, it does look fab!

Annesphamily said...

I don't have one either but I would sure like to know more about it! I need a professional organizer to helop me get organized all the way around! LOL! Now for that winning lotto ticket....Thank you for sharing!

Poppy said...

I love the look of the printer!

Thank you for the lovely comment; you are more than welcome to do a link.

Have a lovely weekend...love Lou xxx

Spot said...

have you tried using Picasa? At least the pics get sorted into albums, and it's free. And it's Google software ie it runs fairly smoothly.