Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scampi con Fagioli

I don't now what it is about January and cold weather, but it seems this weekend was all about eating. I did finish pruning the roses, but mainly we ate! Tonight for dinner we had Scampi con Fagioli from this cookbook. And it was just as good as I remembered it from the restaurant.

First you cook and marinate the shrimp in a vinaigrette. Then you warm the beans with garlic and sage leaves and simmer them for 10 minutes. Finally you plate the beans, garnish with the shrimp and tomatoes and arugula and serve. Actually we didn't have any arugula, so I used tiny lettuce leaves, but it was delish!


Warm beans, marinated shrimp, cool tomatoes - what a wonderful combination.

And we served it on the plates we bought at Stagnero Bros. last summer. The Lord of the Manor likes dishes too and says we must get more plates like this. Who am I to argue?

The scampi con fagioli was really yummy. I highly recommend it.

We also made the baked vegetables from the cook book Saturday night and they were delicious too.
And we made Julie Child's leek and potato soup for lunch on Saturday and it was delicious too. We made enough to have leftovers as a starter Saturday night with our sauted chicken and baked vegetables, and we had it for lunch again today. We had fun playing with the sour cream garnish, do you do this?


So that was our weekend food-wise. I thought maybe we would eat less after the holidays, but that doesn't seem to be happening. But at least it's good healthy food, and not Christmas cookies, right?

5 comments:

Gillian said...

I just adore hot and cold foods together. Hot choc pudding and ice cream, hot roast chicken and cold mayo!
Your lovely dinner looks more refined and totally delicious. I'm going to copy it very soon.
Cheers Gillian

~PakKaramu~ said...

Hmmmm ! nice foods

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love both these dishes. Your photos are wonderful.

Spot said...

great photos. We love food photos.

Pippajo said...

Mmmmm, yes, very nice. I guess this is how we put on our extra layer in the winter, eh? I think because we spend the holidays busy making things we feel we "have" to make, we then go a little mad afterwards making things we simply "want" to make. That's my theory anyway.

That reminds me, I think I'd like some shrimp for dinner this week...